Listen to Lower Level
Muneshine is an MC/producer/DJ/engineer originally from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, now based in Toronto, Ontario.
Recent Notable Achievements:
- Invited to contribute to the 80th Anniversary Glenn Gould Variations (held by the University of Toronto & The Glenn Gould Estate) (September 23rd, 2012)
- Released 3rd studio album, There Is Only Today (May 29th, 2012) to critical acclaim
- Nominated for Best Rap Recording at the 2012 Juno Awards for D-Sisive’s ‘Jonestown 2’ (fully produced and engineered by Muneshine)
- Nominated for Best Hip Hop Album at the 2012 East Coast Music Awards for Twin Peaks’ ‘Kissing Hands & Shaking Babies’ (with Ghettosocks)
- Named one of Canada’s top hip hop producers in Exclaim Magazine’s 2011 Year End Issue (‘The Canadian Sound’ with Boi 1nda, T-Minus, Chin Injeti, Frank Dukes & Rich Kidd)
- 1/4 of the Train of Thought Tour with Ghettosocks, Jeff Spec & Timbuktu (sponsored by VIA Rail, Converse, American Apparel & Molson) - Performing 30 shows across Canada (fall 2011)
- Contributed to 3/5 ‘Best Rap Recording’ nominees at the 2011 Juno Awards (D-Sisive’s ‘Vaudeville’ - engineering & production, Ghettosocks’ ‘Treat of the Day’ - guest appearance, Eternia & MoSS ‘At Last’ - engineering)
- Long-listed for the 2011 Polaris Music Prize with D-Sisive for ‘Jonestown 2: Jimmy Go Bye-Bye’ (fully produced and engineered by Muneshine)
- Produced new music for Canadian artists such as Shad, Maestro, D-Sisive (with Damian of Fucked Up, Jay Malinowski of Bedouin Soundclash, and more) Cadence Weapon, Pigeon Hole, and many more.
- Won the 2009 SOCAN Echo Songwriting Award with D-Sisive for ‘Nobody With A Notepad’
Muneshine has had great success overseas, selling over 30,000+ units of his previous releases, ‘A Vision and a Plan’ (2004), ‘Opportunity Knocks’ (2005) & ‘Status Symbol‘ (2008) in Japan alone. Outside of Canada he has also released music in Australia, South Korea, the United Kingdom, Holland, Germany, Brazil and the United States.
Muneshine has toured extensively in promotion of his new and most popular material; across Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Germany, Holland, Poland and Czech Republic.
Muneshine has collaborated with a number of hip hop legends (such as Pete Rock, DJ Spinna, Buckwild of D.I.T.C., Sean Price of Boot Camp Clik and Rob Swift of the Executioners) and many contemporary artists from Canada and abroad. His creativity and consistency have established his reputation as one of Canada’s most saught-after producers, most trusted engineers and favourite artists to listen to and see perform live.