You may have run across Uncle Lucius' music in the past - they've been touring almost perpetually for the past decade. This year they're having more success than anytime in their career, having carved out his fanbase the old-fashioned way - one sweaty, raucous club show at a time.
In the past two years they've hit every corner of North America as a headliner and supporting such acts as Leon Russell, Merle Haggard, JJ Grey and Mofro, and played dozens of festivals (including Wakarusa, AMA Festival, Mountain Jam, SXSW, American Music Fest, Oneoak Fan Fest, KGSR Unplugged at the Grove, Texas Reds Festival, Beericana Festival, Washfest).
Their latest record - The Light - came out on June 9th on Boo Clap/ Thirty Tigers and has been hailed by many critics as their finest:
* debut as Most Added American Radio Chart, Peaked at #12 and Top 20 for 14 consecutive weeks
* Debut on Billboard #2 Heatseeker South Central regional chart, #16 Folk Album Chart and #17 Heatseekers Chart
* 150 + Tour dates a year, 50K+ total albums sold
* 150K+ "Keep The Wolves Away" singles sold
* 7 national TV Syncs includin songs featured on ABC's Nashville, Friday Night Lights, 90210, Castle & The Big "C"
"Plugged or unplugged, Uncle Lucius remains the Southern rock band to best in Central Texas. The quartet's recent release The Light, their fourth, finds them as resourceful and adventurous as ever, mixing rock, gospel, blues, soul, and country in a seamless whole that's become the bands motif" - Austin Chronicle
" Uncle Lucius is no mere Southern Rock band; this is boldly forward stuff" - Popshifter
"This on is definitely an ear worm" - Popmatters
"Do yourself a favor and step into "The Light" - Pittsburgh In-Tune
"Every year we see the same usual suspect on year end "best of" album lists; and then there is another list of most under-looked albums. Chalk up The Light on that list of criminally underrated" - Glide Magazine