Blueprint for Brand Advocacy
ATTENTION: You must signup in advance to attend this workshop. You will need to have a valid SXSW badge, and an activated SXsocial account. To reserve your seat, please go here: https://sup.sxsw.com/schedule/IAP20347
Everyone who attends this two and a half hour long event has at least once been in the position of their client, their boss, or their team members asking them how to activate brand advocates. You've heard the words, “Can't you just contact some influencers to spread the word of this campaign, and make it go viral?” We feel your pain. Brand advocacy is highly misunderstood and hard to do well, but it is something identifiable, obtainable and measurable. At least it will be after this workshop!
Together, we will:
1) Break down the definition of influence and establish distinctions between people those who beyond influence and sway and people who demonstrate love and a desire to proclaim the love of your brand or organization to the world.
2) Address the "what's in it for them" factor.
3) Identify the tools and techniques of what makes brand advocates, and then once they're identified how do you activate them while continuing to build new ones.
During the workshop, we will share the success and failures to learn from and ultimately determine the way to always be building brand advocacy! Let's co-create the blueprint for brand advocacy!
- Some experience with running brand advocacy programs in the past, as well as desire to do it better.
- Experts in the field of community management, influencer marketing, public relations, customer service.
What to Bring:
- Something to write with and take notes on.
Natalie Rodic Marsan
Dir of Community Mgmt
Natalie is a veteran of community management, social strategy and content creation. She is currently spearsheading the Community Management discipline at MRY. She previously consulted as BrokenOpenMedia helping organizations utilize new media platforms, create masterful strategies and build thriving customer communities. She resides in New York City, but her work has spanned the globe. Clients have included those in corporate and indie entertainment, consumer products, ecommerce/retail, tech startup, as well as NGO's and philanthropies. She is co-organizer of #CMmeetup (Community Managers Meetup), and board member of global education non-profit, Dounia Project. She holds a BFA from The University of Texas at Austin and a Master's degree from The New School.
Lead Social Strategist
Nick is the Lead Social Strategist at Livefyre and has developed innovative social strategies for Grammy award winning artists, Fortune 500 companies, small businesses and more. He focuses on helping businesses create meaningful connections with their audience and channel the power of social media through measurable integrated marketing campaigns.
He is frequent contributor to blogs such as Mashable and Social Fresh, as well as his own blog Modern Day Cicero, and his work has been featured in ReadWriteWeb, The New York Times, The Daily Dot, Orlando Sentinel, Florida Times-Union, among others.
Dir of Community
The Huffington Post
Builder of communities, not networks, through individual relationships that create movements.
Director of Community at The Huffington Post.
Founder of My Community Manager and co-host of the 24-Hour #cmgrhangout on #CMAD
Passionate about building a community of the next generation of leaders.