Featured Session: Your First Million: Why You Don’t Have to be Born into a Legacy of Wealth to Leave One Behind
Join Arlan Hamilton, venture capitalist and founder of Backstage Capital, as she explores the power of wealth as a tool for options and change. Reflecting on her journey from poverty to leading a multi-million dollar VC firm, Hamilton debunks wealth myths and emphasizes entrepreneurship as a means to achieve financial empowerment. She'll reveal how anyone can leverage modern tools and funding to launch their million-dollar idea.
In this enlightening session, attendees will learn:
• how to identify unmet needs in the market
• raise money in ways that preserve ownership
• choose the right collaborators
• create multiple income streams
• and turn their unique knowledge and experience into a profitable business—while reinvesting in their communities and empowering others to do the same
Whether you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, an established business owner, or someone looking to shift your financial mindset, this session promises to be a transformative experience. Walk away with actionable steps to not only chase but achieve your first million, irrespective of your starting point.
Programming descriptions are generated by participants and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of SXSW.