Founder and CEO of REWIND, the Emmy Nominated globally recognised immersive industry-leading tribe of vibrant creative technologists and digital artists.
REWINDs focus is on harnessing new technologies to deliver groundbreaking immersive experiences and creative content for the world's largest companies, agencies and brands.
REWIND's innovative approach has seen it directly partner with headset and technology companies the world over to push our burgeoning industry forward.
Sol's leadership of REWIND and the Immersive Industries sees him regularly invited to give [keynote speeches globally] at high profile international events, asked to be quoted in marketing, advertising and trade publications, as well as [appearing on TV] and in national newspapers.
Sol is proud to be:
• The Chairman of BAFTA's Immersive Entertainment Advisory Group.
• The Chairman of IMMERSE UK, created to support and advise industry & government.
• On the Board of Advisors and Keynote Speaker for conferences around the world.
• The Founder of VRLO - the UK’s most popular VR meet up.
• The Co-Founder of VRTogether.org the non-profit to create ‘VR for Good’.
• The Global Multi-Award Winner, inc Cannes Lions, Drum, Webby, FOST, Byron Bay, Sheffield Doc-Fest, Lovies, etc...
• Presented with a British BIMA #100 leader Award.
• The first ever to be Awarded the VR Technology & Innovation Award by the UK Government Trade & Inv Dept by Lord Marlon.
Previously a full-time Senior Lecturer for 15 years in Digital Animation, Visual Effects & Emerging Technology. Proud to have taught over 1300 students in his time, who now work on the world's highest profile film, games and television projects globally.
Starting as one of the youngest Senior Lecturers in the UK, over his tenure writing four new degrees, two masters and supervising PHD’s.
Sol considers TIME and how we choose to spend it and use it to be the only thing of true value that exists.
Programming descriptions are generated by participants and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of SXSW.