An inside look at the nation's first venture fund for deaf owned and operated businesses generating social impact. We tell the story: its genesis; primary goal of changing societal attitudes and perceptions about who deaf people are and what they are capable of achieving; who some of our partnering entrepreneurs are, their successes and impact. This session will broaden how you think about and define entrepreneurship, diversity, leadership and what investment means.
Deaf entrepreneurs to be spotlighted:
- Bus Door Films, bringing deaf talent behind the camera
- DeafTax, ASL-based financial services
- Mozzeria, Neapolitan pizza expanding nationally (woman cofounder)
- National Deaf Therapy, women-founded ASL eTherapy platform
- reFORT, eco-friendly appliance delivery startup
Programming descriptions are generated by participants and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of SXSW.