Making a hit record is a constantly evolving process that many A&Rs approach from vastly different perspectives.
Using specific examples of songs, Atlantic A&Rs will walk the audience through their own processes. This will allow producers, songwriters and artists an inside view into successful record making so that they can implement some of the strategies into their own music.
Each A&R on the panel will illustrate how they turned a demo into hit, with specific reference to the following:
- What A&Rs look for in a song
- How did they find the song?
- How A&Rs contribute to the arrangement, lyrics, form, mixing and marketing of the song
- What was their involvement in shaping the song itself?
- Does the A&R have involvement in marketing the song?
Programming descriptions are generated by participants and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of SXSW.