Dr. Sara Brand is the Founding General Partner of True Wealth Ventures, a venture capital fund investing in women-led businesses in consumer health and sustainable products and technologies.
Sara holds a Ph.D. in Green Design and Manufacturing, a minor in Public Health and Energy, and a Management of Technology Certification from UC Berkeley. She holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from UT Austin where she serves on the Cockrell School of Engineering's External Advisory Board and acts as Senior Advisor for Health IoT to UT’s new Dell Medical School where she fosters health technology innovations across industry, academia and community.
Sara has also cultivated a diverse portfolio of leadership experiences including:
• Managing $150M venture fund with four other investment professionals at Fremont Ventures in San Francisco, named as one of the top 10 venture capital firms for adding value to portfolio companies
• Working in large tech companies including Intel, Applied Materials and Advanced Micro Devices and directly with 3 Fortune 500 CEOs and their teams in strategic and operational capacities
• Leading $0 to $100M business units
• Acquiring start ups and integrating into large publicly-traded corporations; Leading company mergers and cross-functional dynamics
• Resolving client issues across the semiconductor value chain with McKinsey & Co. in San Francisco
• Founding (512) Brewing Company, the largest draught only, self-distributing microbrewery in the United States
[Programming descriptions are generated by participants and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of SXSW.]