Amahl Hazelton joined Moment Factory in 2009, and now heads Strategy and Development for Moment Factory's ‘Urban Spaces’ division. His placemaking experience ranges from sound and light shows on Vancouver's iconic Canada Place Convention Centre--a legacy backdrop for the city's Winter Olympics--to LAX Los Angeles Airport’s signature media features in 2013, to flagship civic infrastructure in 2017 such as:
- Interactive Illumination of Montreal's monumental Jacques Cartier Bridge
- Kontinuum in Ottawa's LRT Tunnel.
Both projects are finalists in this year's SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards in the Smart Cities and Responsive Design categories!
- Prior to Moment Factory, Amahl was lead Project Manager of Montreal's celebrated Quartier des Spectacles entertainment district and its Signature Lighting Plan, designed as a constantly renewed urban canvas--a plug-and-play-ground--for festivals and curated digital light-art commissions.
- Amahl's work straddles SXSW's Interactive, Experiential Storytelling and Cities Summit streams. He looks forward to connecting in Austin with the builders of tomorrow's flagship urban spaces: Cities, Governments, Economic and Cultural development Agencies and Business Improvement zones, Real Estate Developers, Architects, Landscape Architects, Urban Designers and Urban Development Strategists, as well as technology and community transformation leaders from innovators, thinkers and organizations such as CityLab, Curbed, IBM, Cisco, Philips, Sidewalk, Google, Facebook, Twitter and more.
- Connect today with Amahl Hazelton and Moment Factory on LinkedIN
[Programming descriptions are generated by participants and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of SXSW.]
Programming descriptions are generated by participants and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of SXSW.