Twisting Television: Music Videos and Machine Learning
Remember watching television and waiting for hours for that one music video to come on? Those days are long gone. With advanced music recommendation, smart TVs and ubiquitous screens, music television is transforming into an interactive, on-demand service. Giving you the music video you want, when and where you want it.
In this panel discussion, XITE and Pandora explore the challenges and possibilities of bringing a personalized music service to the TV screen.
- Combining curation and personalization
- Video versus audio recommendation
- Niche and nuanced recommendations and playlists
- Balancing local and international artists
- Keeping the ‘lean-back’ experience
Programming descriptions are generated by participants and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of SXSW.