Community Managers: Ready for a Seat at the Table?
ATTENTION: You must signup in advance to attend this workshop. You will need to have a valid SXSW badge, and an activated SXsocial account. To reserve your seat, please go here: https://sup.sxsw.com/schedule/IAP25985
This is not a lecture. You will not be bored by endless PowerPoint presentations or suffer through a panel of "experts" who do not give you any actionable insights. Do you want to get your hands dirty and walk out the door of this workshop with policy, process and training outlines to support your community managers and others in the organization with authorized representative responsibilities? There will be no cut and paste creation. This is a four hour long workshop encouraging others to share the best practices and group together community managers from all industry backgrounds. This workshop is all about YOU. It is time to have advanced conversations and push the community management conversation beyond managing Twitter and Facebook status updates. Are you ready for a seat at the table?
Agenda with questions we will answer:
1. Intro (20 mins)
2. Policy- Do you have a corporate policy addressing social media? (40 mins)
Break / Networking (20 mins)
3. Process - Does your corporate policy or process materials have any "teeth" or authority? Do you have your social experiences mapped out in parallel with the offline experience to determine gaps and opportunities of touch-points? (40 mins)
4. Training - Do you have any enterprise training or awareness procedures for your policy and process? (40 mins)
5. Coaching Session - Do you want to have a seat at the table with other executives? Leave with resource documents and transcript of workshop conversations to take back to organization, present and activate solutions. (20 mins)
*All sections includes 10 minute presentation, 15 minute team interaction, and 10-15 reporting.
- This is workshop is recommended for anyone responsible for multi-channel social media / communications.
What to Bring:
- Please bring any corporate policy, process and training documentation you are able to share and 2-3 specific issues you would like to solve.
Head of Social Media & Community Strategy
By day, Lauren Vargas is the Head of Social Media and Community at Aetna and based in Boston, Massachusetts. By night, she is an insomniac devouring dystopian fiction. And somewhere in a parallel universe, Vargas finds a way to stop time and is a Harvard Museum Studies graduate student.
I am a social strategist focused on enabling the success of others. I bring a diverse set of business, communications, and project management acumen that comes from ten years of work within the digital communications and technology space. I have developed, and executed, online community outreach strategies, connected business needs with engagement objectives, and leveraged project management tools to enhance strategic goals and catalyze new brand consumer relationships.