In the last 12 months The Parlotones have:
- released the platinum selling “Stardust Galaxies” which won Best Rock Album at the 2010 SAMA’s
- released the platinum selling, live recording of their show at The Coco Cola Dome – “Live Design”
- performed at the Opening World Cup Concert to a billion viewers
- completed a 70 city world tour and entered 3 Billboard charts in the USA
- launched a Carbon Free Campaign Free Campaign, with The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC3), to reforest areas in South Africa with indigenous trees. (“Stars Fall Down” is the official soundtrack of the drive and the music video is the visual embodiment of the campaign).
In their home country, South Africa, the band’s profile is such that they were chosen to play the 2009 Presidential Inauguration, Africa Day and at Live Earth. Their innovative, big-production music videos have been nominated for MTV awards.
In November 2009, fans packed the Dome in Johannesburg and helped the Parlotones make history (first time a South African band headlined this venue) - the CD/DVD “Live Design” documenting the event, bears testimony to this.
Their success is not limited to their music alone – the band have their own brands of wine
‘Giant Mistake’ and ‘Push me the Floor’ which has earned the band a no.1 spots in the Sunday Times wine list and distribution through major European retailers. (The third variant “We Call This Dancing” has just been released).
Their music has also been made available in a limited edition pre-release format on a cellular handset, they have their own branded laptop, a designer running shoe and even a campaign that included a Parlotones meal available from a global food retailer.
In April 2010, The Parlotones played at the Dow Life Earth Run for Water in Cape
Town. The Parlotones also performed as part of the 2010 Official FIFA World Cup Kick Off Celebration concert. Other artists included the Black Eyed Peas, Alicia Keys and Shakira. The concert will took place on June 10th, 2010 at Orlando Stadium in Soweto, Johannesburg and was be screened to millions all over the world.
While football fever swept Europe, the band was played on Sky Sports, and were talkSPORT’s official ambassadors for the World Cup in the UK. “Come Back as Heroes” by The Parlotones was the musical anchor of Germany’s national first TV channel ARD for their World Cup image trailer campaign.